Effective date: June 17th, 2021.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you create an account on our Platform, or connect your account to any third-party social network provider, we collect information. Information is also collected through messages you send on our Platform and when you grant us access to your phone book via your mobile device.
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE
When you create an account on our Platform, you agree to provide us with the following information:
• Information required to register for an account such as your username, password, language preferences, email address or phone number.
• Information required for your profile such as your display name and your social media account information.
• User Generated Content such as comments, image, videos and audio recordings that you upload onto our platform.
• Content on your mobile device which you give us permission to access. This is so when you need to upload content to our platform, we will need access to your mobile device’s gallery.
• Payment information for carrying out your purchase requests.
• Information pertaining to your social network contacts and phone contacts. You will grant us access to collect the names and phone numbers of your contacts so we may match that information against existing users of our Platform.
• Your communication preferences.
• Information you share with our customer support team.
• Information we obtain from other sources.
AUTOMATICALLY COLLECTED INFORMATION
There are certain bits of information we collect automatically when you use our Platform such as your IP address, geo location-related data, unique device identifiers, browsing and search history, and cookies.
We collect information regarding your use of the Platform and any other User Content that you generate through or upload to our Platform.
We collect certain information about the device you use to access the Platform, such as your IP address, user agent, mobile carrier, time zone settings, identifiers for advertising purposes, model of your device, the device system, network type, device IDs, your screen resolution and operating system, app and file names and types, keystroke patterns or rhythms, battery state, audio settings and connected audio devices. Where you log-in from multiple devices, we will be able to use your profile information to identify your activity across devices. We may also associate you with information collected from devices other than those you use to log-in to the Platform.
IMAGE AND AUDIO INFORMATION
We may collect information about the images and audio which are a part of your User Content, such as identifying the objects and scenery that appear, the existence and location within an image of face and body features and attributes, the nature of the audio, and the text of the words spoken in your User Content. We may collect this information to enable special video effects, for content moderation, for demographic classification, for content and ad recommendations, and for other non-personally-identifying operations.
We collect and process, which includes scanning and analyzing, information you provide when you compose, send, or receive messages through the Platform’s messaging functionality. That information includes the content of the message and information about when the message has been sent, received and/or read, as well as the participants of the communication. Please be aware that messages sent to other users of the Platform will be accessible by those users and that we are not responsible for the manner in which those users use or disclose messages.
When you upload or create User Content, you automatically upload certain metadata that is connected to the User Content. Metadata describes other data and provides information about your User Content that will not always be evident to the viewer. In connection with your User Content the metadata can describe how, when, where, and by whom the piece of User Content was created, collected, or modified and how that content is formatted. It also includes information, such as your account name, that enables other users to trace back the User Content to your user account. Additionally, metadata includes data that you choose to provide with your User Content, e.g. any hashtags used to mark keywords to the video and captions.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use your information to improve, support and administer the Platform, to allow you to use its functionalities, and to fulfill and enforce our Terms of Service. We may also use your information to, among other things, show you suggestions, promote the Platform, and customize your ad experience.
WE GENERALLY USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT:
• To fulfill requests for products, services, Platform functionality, support and information for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical, and survey purposes and to solicit your feedback
• To customize the content you see when you use the Platform.
• For promotional materials.
• For improvement and development of our Platform.
• To measure and understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you and others and to deliver advertising
• To make suggestions and provide a customized ad experience
• To support the social functions of the Platform, including to permit you and other users to connect with each other through the Platform and for you and other users to share, download, and otherwise interact with User Content posted through the Platform
• To use User Content as part of our advertising and marketing campaigns to promote the Platform
• To infer additional information about you, such as your age, gender, and interests
• To help us detect abuse, fraud, and illegal activity on the Platform
• To prove your identity in order to use certain features, such as livestream or verified accounts, or when you apply for a Pro Account, ensure that you are old enough to use the Platform (as required by law), or in other instances where verification may be required
• To communicate with you, including to notify you about changes in our services
• To announce you as a winner of our contest, sweepstakes, or promotions if permitted by the promotion rule, and to send you any applicable prizes
• To enforce our terms, conditions, and policies
• Consistent with your permissions, to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising and other personalized content
• To inform our algorithms
• To combine all the information we collect or receive about you for any of the foregoing purposes
• For any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent.
• To facilitate sales, promotion, and purchases of goods and services and to provide user support
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We are committed to maintaining your trust, and while POMBO does not sell personal information to third parties, we want you to understand when and with whom we may share the information we collect for business purposes.
FOR LEGAL REASONS
We may disclose any of the information we collect to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, law enforcement requests, legal claims, or government inquiries, and to protect and defend the rights, interests, safety, and security of POMBO, the Platform, our affiliates, users, or the public. We may also share any of the information we collect to enforce any terms applicable to the Platform, to exercise or defend any legal claims, and comply with any applicable law.
WITH YOUR CONSENT
We may share your information for other purposes pursuant to your consent or at your direction.
If you access third-party services, such as Facebook, Google, or Twitter, to login to the Platform or to share information about your usage on the Platform with others, these third-party services may be able to collect information about you, including information about your activity on the Platform, and they may notify your connections on the third-party services about your use of the Platform, in accordance with their privacy policies. If you choose to allow a third-party service to access your account, we will share certain information about you with the third party. Depending on the permissions you grant, the third party may be able to obtain your account information and other information you choose to provide.
If you choose to engage in public activities on the Platform, you should be aware that any information you share may be read, collected, or used by other users. You should use caution in disclosing personal information while using the Platform. We are not responsible for the information you choose to submit.
You may submit a request to access or delete the information we have collected about you by sending your request to us at the email or physical address provided in the Contact section at the bottom of this policy. You may be entitled, in accordance with applicable law, to submit a request through an authorized agent. To designate an authorized agent to exercise choices on your behalf, please provide evidence that you have given such agent power of attorney or that the agent otherwise has valid written authority to submit requests to exercise rights on your behalf. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law and subject to proper verification. We will verify your request by asking you to send it from the email address associated with your account or to provide information necessary to verify your account. We do not discriminate based on the exercise of any privacy rights that you might have.
You may be able to control some of the information we collect by adjusting your browser settings to refuse or disable Cookies. Because each browser is different, please consult the instructions provided by your browser. Please note that you may need to take additional steps to refuse or disable certain types of Cookies. In addition, your choice to disable cookies is specific to the particular browser or device that you are using when you disable cookies, so you may need to separately disable cookies for each type of browser or device. If you choose to refuse, disable, or delete Cookies, some of the functionality of the Platform may no longer be available to you. Without this information, we are not able to provide you with all the requested services.
Depending on the version of the Platform you are using, you may be able to decide whether you see certain types of interest-based advertising on the Platform by visiting your in-app settings.
Your device may have controls that determine what information we collect or how we can use that information. For example, you can control whether we can use your mobile advertising identifier for advertising through settings on your Apple and Android devices.
You can opt out of marketing or advertising emails by using the “unsubscribe” link or mechanism noted in marketing or advertising emails.
If you previously chose to share precise location information, you can prevent your device from sharing precise location information (e.g. GPS location information) with the Platform at any time through your device’s operating system settings.
If you have registered for an account, you may access, review, and update certain personal information that you have provided to us by logging into your account and using available features and functionalities.
Some browsers transmit “do-not-track” signals to websites. Because of differences in how browsers incorporate and activate this feature, we currently do not take action in response to these signals.
SECURITY AND STORAGE
We use reasonable measures to help protect information from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. You should understand that no data storage system or transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. Please note that information collected by third parties may not have the same security protections as information you submit to us, and we are not responsible for protecting the security of such information.
POMBO may transmit your data to its servers or data centers outside of the United States for storage and/or processing. Third parties with whom POMBO may share your data as described herein may be located outside of the United States.
The privacy of users under the age of 13 (“Younger Users”) is important to us. The Platform otherwise is not directed at children under the age of 13. If we become aware that personal information has been collected on the Platform from a person under the age of 13 we will delete this information and terminate the person’s account. If you believe that we have collected information from a child under the age of 13 on the Platform, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this policy should be addressed to: